Paypal

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday February 17th, 2010 - Winter Olympics

I got sucked into the Olympics. Watched Linsey Vonn, Apolo Ohno, and Shawn White cleaning UP BABY! Awesome. Inspiring. GO USA!

On Monday I played Daddy Taxi and not much else. On Tuesday I managed to get an hour in at the hoops with plans to return later in the evening, but that just didn't happen. The demands of the art world are upon me. Listen to me complain. My job managing the art is a dream and allows me to do so many other things. Take today for instance, I finished business just in time to cruise downtown for my volunteer job at the museum. There were only a few visitors and one real loud high school group. Their teacher was pretty wiped so she only let them work on a project for a few minutes. Obviously, I didn't even get a chance to explain the project much less have them work on anything. Bummer, but out of my control.

Driving into the museum I was trying to imagine my project for the day. By the time I made it up to the lab i knew at least 5 of my first strokes. From there the painting took over with a life all of it's own. I was very happy with the result. I thinky I likey acrylics. Now I have done two pretty impressive works under the confines of 4 hours. I really need to make some paintings here at home where I can take my time to fully develop a concept and have plenty of time to paint it. Art, writing, teaching, painting, exercising, and losing weight; awesome. It's good to be me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment