Paypal

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mania slipping to depression

On or about May 5th, 2014 I had an "incident." While driving, my chest tightened making it hard to breath and my neck and jaw began to throb. I thought it was just a bad panic attack and maybe it was. A few hours later, I went to the ER because I'm an idiot. I should have gone to the ER when it happened. I was right next to an ER anyway. So I went and they did their tests and concluded that I didn't have a heart attack.

But, I developed a headache that wouldn't go away. It went from headache to migraine over the following days and I returned to the doctor and he prescribed a migraine med. It kind of worked, but not really so I called again and the compounding pharmacy made a med that opened my vascular system and killed the pain. It worked which is good, but then it makes me think that if it works then there is probably a constricted vein or something. For now I'm taking my second prescription of the stuff. I usually have to take about 5 to 6 of these pills a day. I'm supposed to take two every four hours, but that makes me run out fast so I try to stay ahead of the headache, but try to tolerate what I can.

I've been very manic and I have gotten tons to projects done. I have to get knee surgery to remove a cyst that has grown in and around my left knee MCL. It has also grown into my bone so I have now three doctors and surgeons preparing to operate. It's going to put me down for awhile so I am fighting the urge to give into a depressive swing. I think the pain from my knee and the headaches are contributing to my fall backwards. Today I have a list of about 20 things to do. This was one of them and now I go. And, I have a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment