Paypal

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Current medical conserns

In March of 2009, I was hospitalized for dehydration. My platelet count was in 30,000's (per μl (microlitre) of blood). My average count is usually around 90,000. Normal range is 150,000 to 450,000. My spleen is enlarged (platelet count and spleen are the Leukemic suspects). In addition, my kidney tests showed high levels of creatinine (sign of kidney disease), elevated liver function levels (probably weight related), and hypotension (low blood pressure). When I was released, the only real concerns were the platelets and enlarged spleen. Because I do not show any signs of cancer, my condition has been downgraded from leukemia to a blood disorder (fingers crossed). At this moment, I feel great. I had another blood lab this morning so we shall see if things have really improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment