Paypal

Monday, April 18, 2011

Surgery Updates : Setting up the first appointment with Dr Richard Tillquist

About 4 or 5 years ago I attended a seminar given by Dr. Richard Tillquist at the Swedish Medical Center in Englewood Colorado. He was highly recommended by several of my doctors. Initially, the cost was prohibitive. My insurance at the time had no coverage.

Two and a half years ago when I began this blog, I went to the seminar again and decided to move forward. My new insurance covered $7,500 of the surgical cost and I had to come up with $4,000 to put into a hospital escrow account to cover part of the surgery and any over night stays or complications. I went to their recommended shrink and paid $180.00 for the appointment and received a letter of approval which meant that I was psychologically sound. I also collected letters from my primary physician and oncologist. I had my primary consultations done with Dr Tillquist and I just needed a surgical date.

I put on the brakes and tried the vegan diet and extreme exercise. That worked for about 6-8 months but then I started gaining the weight back. Now all the weight is back and I have called for my initial appointment. I already know that my initial qualifiers are out of date, so I will be starting from the beginning.

However, sometimes the insurance requires proof that your over 40 BMI (Check) and that you have tried and exhausted traditional methods of weight loss. At the end of June this blog will have its third anniversary. The blog alone would be sufficient proof, but I also have medical records of prior diets.

So here we go again. I will record each visit and step with the heading Surgery Updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment