Paypal

Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18th, 2010 - 1:30AM - still sick

My son gave me back the cold I thought I had already left behind, but this time it seems to be upper respiratory. My lungs feel as if they are filling. I might need to go in to see the doctor later this morning. Too many people die of complications from pneumonia.

I've decided to give myself vegan amnesty for the rest of the month. I'm going to eat meat. On July 4th (my vegan anniversary), I will decide if I want to return to vegan-ism or become a vegetarian. It would be nice to have some cheese once in a while. I didn't drink cow's milk before and I won't start now. And I won't eat eggs. Chicken embryos freak me out more than anything else. I don't know. I have a few weeks to decide. I started eating meat this week and I'm already bored with it. I had a good steak, a cheese burger, and some awesome swordfish. I'm sure I won't have any problem giving up the meat again. Maybe this time for good. I wonder if my cold is because of... maybe. Turning away meat will be another experiment in feeling fresh. A second coming of sorts. I can tell I'm running a fever and I can't get to sleep because of my runny nose. I sleep with a CPAP so clear nasal passages are a must. My throat is sore.

My weight hasn't changed. I need to lose a lot to get back on track, but I just don't care about calories as much when I'm sick. I just want a full belly and a good night's sleep.

I know I've been bad about writing, but now we have something to talk about. From vegan to carnivore and back to meat free. It might be an interesting ride. Today I ate mussels. I thought I really missed them, but I think they must be an acquired taste that I have lost. Signing out for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment