Paypal

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday September 12, 2010 - Reprint of my latest Examiner article


*Had a good relaxing Sunday with Football. My fantasy football team easily won. My Broncos did not, but I think they will do fine this year. I didn't exercise at all today. Had a little bipolar moment this afternoon, but I recovered. It's scary how those anxiety attacks can start regardless of the positive events and status of things. Here is a full copy of my latest Examiner article published 9/11/2010...  (To read all articles and subscribe for free to receive my article headlines via email, follow this link: http://www.examiner.com/user/2624016/2050016/articles )


Jefferson County Public School's credit recovery program helps high school student's graduate

  • September 11th, 2010 2:44 pm MT
Jeffrey, center, accepts his diploma
Photo: Photo by Christopher Sharits
Jefferson County Public School’s Virtual Academy andcredit recovery programs offer several options for class credit recovery. These programs include night classes, computer based curriculum as well as a variety of additional interventions designed to meet the individual needs of the students. The program facilitates students who…
  • may not be fully successful in the traditional school environment
  • who participate in school sports or acting
  • who require greater flexibility
  • come from military or displaced families
  • transfer in from other districts
  • are returning students seeking graduation
  • are seeking advanced or additional classes in preparation college
  • are preparing for life after high school
  • simply need a fresh start or a second chance
Courses that include core classes like math, English, and history and elective classes like video gaming design. The online courses are generally offered free of tuition to those students under 21 and the night classes are offered at incredibly low tuitions. The courses are offered five times a year.
Recent Bear Creek High School graduate Jeffrey Sharits has the credit recovery program to thank for his victorious on-time graduation. Jeffrey explained, “I was worried that I wasn’t going to get to graduate with my friends.”
He had transferred to Bear Creek from Thunder Ridge High School in Douglas County in need of two missing core credits. “I had to take one online course during school and one at night school. I thought they might be a little bit easier, but I was wrong. They were hard.” With stubborn determination, in May 2010, Jeffrey walked proudly across the Red Rocks Amphitheater stage with his friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment