Paypal

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thursday September 8th, 2010 - Examiner.com

I was accepted as a contract columnist for Examiner.com as the new Denver Online Learning Examiner. I guess I thought it was going to be like any other freelance writing job, but I was wrong. The learning curve and expectations are intense. After I was hired I scratched out a couple of relevant articles and have since gone back in and completely re-wrote them. I spent four hours this morning in the Examiner University and I only took a few courses, but it was enough for me to realize that I needed revise my submitted articles. Fortunately they have publishing tools that allow you to go back and revise even published articles.

After a week of journalistic re-education I only have two polished articles published. They won't be live on my page for a few more days because they are having technical difficulties with their new website. When they are they will be at http://www.examiner.com/x-67194-Denver-Online-Learning-Examiner . Once online you can, and I hope you do, sign up as a follower. The pay structure and bonuses are better than I could have imagined. I have found my new full-time job. In order to meet my financial obligations without relying on the art business, I need to write at least four quality articles a day. Now that I have figured out how this thing works, I should have no trouble cranking out the stories. My main job right now is spreading my network to all of those Colorado institutions that provide or use online learning.

What does this do for my diet? It blows it all to hell! I've been grabbing food and snacks without even considering the consequences because I'm just so busy trying to get on the ball. Additionally, most of my time on this job is sitting on my butt in front of this particular computer. The only exercise I'm getting is voluminous house chores and running errands. And to top that off my BMW needs a new radiator so I'm essentially without a car. Well that's not exactly true. I've been borrowing my son's car and using the Honda whenever my lovely wife is not using it. However, I need to get to the gym three times a week. I don't like to, but I may have to ride my bike to the gym. If you knew the trek to the gym, you would know that just riding to the gym is an exhaustive affair.

At any rate, I can't use this job as an excuse. I need to manage my time better and lose some pounds. Speaking of pounds, I wonder if we have any more ice cream. KIDDING... maybe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment