Paypal

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday September 15th, 2010 - Ambitious hump day

Just for a change I am going to make a small post in the morning. Let's start with s status report then glide into weight loss. I am fairly house bound today. If I do need to go anywhere I can ride my bike. I should probably go for a ride this afternoon anyway. My poor bike hasn't been ridden for weeks.

I'm stuck at home because my wonderful lovely BMW needs a whole new radiator. A few weeks ago I was picking up Bobby from school and as I neared our neighborhood the radiator stated spewing fluid everywhere. I was only a few blocks from my house and the temp gauge was okay so I drove it home. By the time I reached the house the gauge started shooting up to HOT. I opened the hood and thought "wow, my hose came loose." So I waited until after the engine had cooled and I saw that part of the connecting neck was broke off as well. The BMW has a closed high pressure system that needs all of its parts. In the end, the whole radiator needs to be repaired at a whopping cost of $600 something. With the seasonably slow art business and my new job with the Examiner, I decided that being without a car would be fine for a while.

I am not going to the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver today because I basically quit Wednesdays, but I will work grand openings and special idea box events. I decided I needed the time to write. And then there is the car thing, but that's only temporary. I needed my Wednesdays back. I'll be volunteering for two openings in October so all is well.

So here I sit broken hearted, thought I'd %#*, but only farted. Ever read that on the bathroom stall? I'm just being silly. I don't know whether I have fully woken up yet.

Today I want to write two articles for the Examiner and maybe one for Ezine and then I want to work on the book. Hopefully I will have time to paint. I have a painting stuck in my mind that won't go away until I paint it. It will be a slight deviation from my normal, but perfect for the season. If you want to see my artwork and photography go to http://www.paulsharits.com/about_chris.htm The one shown above is called "Fury."

So on to the diet. I will be making slow cook beef stew. I will be stuck with the vegetables, but I can still put a bit of cheese on them. I just ate oatmeal and toast. For lunch I'll probably have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I will find some time and some way to get my heart rate up for at least 30 minutes. Maybe I'll mow the lawn. That would do it and I would get rid of one of my weekend chores.

I haven't talked about bariatric surgery for awhile, but my wife's friend at work is all over it. I just can't alter my body like that. Obviously some people must do it or die, but I'm very large and very fit and very happy. I do not need surgery. I don't think it would be a very good idea because of all the bipolar meds I take. Sure wouldn't want to bipolar and starving. I'll probably make another post later today and then we can see how well I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment