Paypal

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29th, 2011 - NASH

I just found a comment in my span folder that suggested that I should avoid using I, my and me, but this is a journal for me first and a blog for others second. So I will use me for my blog. Just kidding. When I'm writing articles, columns, or even my book I do not use first person. But, thanks anyway. I know it was meant to be constructive.

And to those that think I weight too much, duh. Saving up the $4000 for my portion of the Realize Band surgery is top priority.

I don't think that I explained my liver issue properly in the last post. I have been told that I have a fatty liver for over 15 years, but the doctors never seemed that concerned so neither was I. (Hahaha, more I, my, me). The name of my liver diagnosis is NASH otherwise known as Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis.

My new doctors theory makes complete sense. My liver is too fatty and it may be backing my blood flow back into my spleen causing it to enlarge and it may also be causing the low platelet count.

Bottom line is that I can't have more than a glass of wine or a beer per week. I must exercise more often and control calories through a healthy diet and lose as much weight as possible before the surgery. I said that I weighed in at 414 on Friday, but I took some water pills and reduced my calorie consumption by half and today I scaled in at 401 which is regrettably my actual weight. I can't believe I let it get this out of control again. I was down to 313 in October of 2009. Not anymore. I have too many books to write and, someday, a granddaughter and grandson to spoil (Make that plural).

No comments:

Post a Comment