Paypal

Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday April 2nd, 2010 - Super Mom


Today, being Friday, I took mom to her weekly workout at the gym. We really did a lot of stretching and some weight lifting, but she is a champ. I don't see my mom everyday. Just Friday's really, but at least it's quality time. I know she likes going to the gym and I know it makes her feel great after the workout. What I didn't know is that she says the she can feel the benefits of working out for about 4 or 5 days! Wholly cow! Definitely time well spent.

Tomorrow, I will renew my gym membership and begin my training once again. We know that exercise is great for your body and heart, but it really doesn't make you lose weight. Just look at football players. The ones on the offensive or defensive lines. These guys are huge and they workout everyday. Why are they so big? They eat a lot. So, if you want to lose weight, by all means exercise, but also remember that you still have to count calories. One of the pitfalls of exercising is that people tend to reward themselves with something that ultimately balances out the calories burnt during exercise.

I love to exercise because of the psychological effects of feeling great and it helps give me that extra push to eat right. Have I been eating right? Like everyone, I have good days and bad days. The trick is to have more good days than bad. It took me a long time to gain this much weight. I can't freak out if it takes a while to lose it. As long as I'm losing, I'm okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment