Paypal

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday April 15th, 2010 - Diet Control

So this month started at 322, which was embarrassing and discouraging, so I did what any good emotionally obese person would do. I ate... vegan, but still too many calories and not enough exercise. So this week I started a ten day diet. Rules: must eat every meal.

I have improved my vegan calories and I have already been to the gym three times this week. One thing to remember... successful diets are 80% calories and 20% or less exercising. Personally, I know I need to exercise a lot because it makes me feel better and makes it easier to stick to my diet. In addition, some of the first weight to go is muscle, so exercise helps direct the losing trend to fat.

At the start of my 10 day diet on Monday I weighed 331 (disgusting and embarrassing; binge eating). After shedding some bloating and water retention, I was 328.2 on Tuesday. Yesterday I was 327. Today I am 326 and my vegan diet has been at least a 4 out of 5. If I can maintain today, then I will give it a 5. My first 5 ever.

So if I lose 10 pounds by the 22nd, I will at least eliminated my recent binge eating. Writing my weight on the back of my hand is really helping me. As I reach for a cookie, I see it and stop. Starting from today, I have 30 days until my mom's 70th birthday party where I will see my family and friends. I would love to be 310 by then. Basically one half pound a day. That may be too fast, but I would like to try it. As long as I don't skip meals, I think it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment