Paypal

Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday March 29th, 2010 - Weekend in Review

Hello blog readers,
Here's a quick review of the weekend. On Friday, I took my mom to our weekly workout. As you may remember she is in the advanced stages of Parkinson's disease and has been wheel chair bound for several years. She turns 70 in May. On Friday, we worked real hard on stretching and increasing her mobility with her legs which tend to get stiff. She has been able to increase her weekly workout and is showing remarkable improvement in mobility and comfort. She is better equip to help with moving her from her chair to the couch or car. It also gives us some one on one time which we both enjoy.

On Saturday I was interrogated, as usual, by party guests for a build-your-own pizza party. They didn't quite understand how you could make a vegan pizza. I made my pizza with some marinara sauce with artichoke hearts, red onion, and black olives. No meat; no cheese. It tasted great, however, I did eat JUST one anchovy because I absolutely love them.

On Sunday, we went to the Museum of Nature and Science and went through the installation/exhibition "Body Works." This is the exhibit that shows actual bodies "plastisized" so you can see each organ, muscle group, and brains either on a single body or separated into individual parts. They showed healthy tissues and organs as well as damaged organs. They had a 300 pound guy sliced in half so you could see the effects of body fat on the body system. It was educational.

Today I started to reduce my sugar consumption. I was really eating way too much sugar and too large of portions. I am going to try to lose 20 pounds from now to the end of April. My weight this morning was 324. That's up from my lowest weigh in of 313.8 in October. Time to reverse the effects of winter. I am also about ready to re-enter the gym and start riding my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment