Paypal

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday March 10th, 2010 - NEW Paul Sharits Website



I had a great day although I kept myself awake with deep and messy cough. As usual I had a great time at the museum's workshop (MCA Denver). I made my last small acrylic and have now moved up to large acrylics with more challenging projects. I really love to paint. It's rewarding to have a picture in your head and reverse engineer it so you put that idea onto canvas and it looks the same as your mental picture.

I also added and polished the new PaulSharits.com website for it's premier this evening. I have so much work left, but this new site is already bigger and better than I have ever seen from an individual artist. Below is a copy of the announcement email to a couple hundred of my closest friends around the world.

Dear Friends,
This has been an unbelievable year in which we have seen a spectacular Greene Naftali Gallery Sharits installation nearly win the Solo Show of the Year at the First Annual Art Awards at the Guggenheim Museum and our first film screenings at the Louvre in Paris that has just been topped off by the acquisition of our four projector 16mm film installation "Shutter Interface" by the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum in Washington, D.C..

In honor of all the wonderful events of the past year, I have launched a new Paul Sharits website with over 35 webpages of archival documents, news, films, art galleries, interviews dating back to 1970, and, by the end of March 11th, home movies of baby Paul starting from the 1940's. I still have volumes of documents, films, works of art, and Paul's personal notes as well as personal letters between my dad and Stan Brakhage that I will be adding to the site daily. It is the most comprehensive solo artist site on the web. Check out the new PaulSharits.com site

Obviously, I have lots of help and to those of you that have supported, promoted, and have added to the legions of new fans, I thank and honor you.

Merci beaucoup,
Christopher Sharits

Tomorrow I have another blood test and lunch with my dear friend and fellow artist, David Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment