Paypal

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday March 23rd, 2010 - Sunshine/Snowshine

Each weekday morning I drop off my boys at the high school and the middle school. This morning there was a beautiful sunrise. It inspired me. I went to Goodwill in search of a large canvas and I found a 4' x 5' canvas in perfect shape. While the canvas was much larger than I'm used to, I think "Lever du soleil" (French for sunrise) turned out nicely. It actually looks pretty spectacular in person. I dusted the sky with some golden glitter and they look like sparkling stars. Anyway, everyone in this household likes this painting most of all. And to think, I wasn't so sure if I liked it. I have two small canvas left for this week and I already have plans for them. That is until I run out of my paint allowance. A 4'x 5' canvas takes a lot of paint.

When I started painting this picture, I was outside in my gym shorts and my short sleeve painting shirt. It was sunny and mild. Not as warm as yesterday's 70 degrees, but still comfortable. Then the clouds rolled in and I had to put up the porch umbrella to protect the painting from the sudden falling rain. By the time I was wrapping it up, it was snowing. Now, at 10pm, it has snowed over a foot and it is still falling. Most of the highways are closed. All of the schools are closed for tomorrow. We are supposed to get at least two feet. Our neighborhood is right up against the mountains so I'm sure we will get more. My youngest son went to his friends after school and now he is spending the night.

My diet was good today. I ate the rest of yesterday's soup. Still rocked. Tomorrow I will not be able to go to the museum, so I will be writing all day. I'm ready to write the next two chapters.

No comments:

Post a Comment