Paypal

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday June 4th 2011 - Bariatric impatience like a child

As it stands this morning I still do not know how much my Realize Band surgery is going to cost nor do I have a date for the surgery. I know that I have the patience of a child. Usually I am the opposite of procrastination. I try to react and respond to situations or requests as quickly as possible. If you send me an email, you can expect a reply within 1 to 12 hours depending on my email access. I like to be very prompt with paying bills and especially, being on time for any appointment even if it is social.

So it irks me that I have had to leave three messages with the surgeon's assistant. She's the only one that can tell me my insurance progress. Additionally, the financial lady from the hospital didn't return my call, but she may have a better excuse seeing as she might have just returned from vacation.

Part of my frustration is family finances. I've dropped a good $5000 in my bariatric savings and I keep having to dip into it to pay urgent bills. Take for example my middle son's Jeep. It had some kind of Jeep death wobble and it cost me $500. Then on Monday I have to register my youngest for summer school. He failed US Government which drives me crazy sine I have to advanced degrees in politics. The summer school costs $300. If it's not one thing it's another.

I really shouldn't be stressing. I've always had a knack for pulling money out of my butt when I needed it. Eh, I probably shouldn't take credit. God's always given me just what I need. Usually not more, but He always pulls through when I need it.

I guess it goes back to the unknown. If they tell me I need $10000 on top of my insurances $7500 then I would be fine. I would have a goal and I would reach it. The problem is timing. I do not want to slow the process down. I have another $5000 coming in from Europe this week and it is earmarked for the surgery. I just need to know how much I will need. In the end I could just get a medical loan, but I would like to avoid that if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment