Paypal

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday June 21st 2011 - A better way to fund bariatric surgery!

I thought I was all set, but my financial plan needed the sale of two cemetery plots that I thought I had closed, but, on Father's Day, the elderly couple's grown children told them not to worry about pre-planning. Someone else could buy the plots, but I can't rely on that payment by July 5th when I need to pay the hospital. 

I could use my credit cards or a personal loan, but I decided to try a different route to close my $3000 gap. I have listed my loan request on Prosper.com which facilitates "peer to peer" investments. The idea is that any site registered investor could go to my request and invest as little as $25 or more towards funding my loan request. The collective investments will quickly fund my request in days. 
Unlike Kiva.com micro-loans, peer to peer loans generate a strong return on their investment. It's really a smart way to help out a friend without all the personal crap.

My loan request is for : This loan will be used to... prepay balance of $3,000 from a $16,000 Realize Band surgical procedure on the 5th of July for the surgical procedure on July 11th, 2011. 

No comments:

Post a Comment