Paypal

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday February 10th, 2010 - Acrylic Painting

I got up extra early and showered before taking the boys to school, so I got to the gym at 7am. I worked out until 8:45am and headed home to get ready for the museum. The current theme at the museum is metaphysical drawings or collages. Looking at the display wall today, I would say less than 10% of the visitors get it. I'm going to try to get them to change it to something I don't have to explain for 10 minutes. And give it up on kids.

I wanted to try to work with acrylic paint today because I never have. So mixing colors was special, but I got the hang of it. I made a nice big mess on my pallet, but it worked out. I also wanted to paint something for Cheri for Valentines Day. I envisioned a couple looking at a sunset through a misty canyon. Kind of like Avatar, but not. So I started painting the base with rich black and blood red highlights and blended colors up the edge of the canyons. After I was happy with the sunset, I painted two tiny people looking away at the sunset. After I refined the blends and highlights, I added a root winding up the right side of the canyon. The sunset represented love and the dark reds were passion. The black root was longevity. Low and behold, it looked great. It looked even better in the frame I bought at Michaels. Cheri got home early and caught me framing it so I gave it to her today. She loves it. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment