Paypal

Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27th, 2009 - Thanksgiving Amnesty

I turned vegan on July 5th, 2009. On the 4th, I had my last hot link. For the most part, probably 98% of the time, I was true to the vegan diet. Every once in a while you taste garlic bread or vegetables with butter on it. It's impossible to completely avoid food ingredients that exclude all dairy. Sometimes you just need to be reasonable. It's not like I order a hamburger or steak. I've even cut out hot wings and cheese cake. So, I decided to give myself one day of vegan amnesty. After all, if you're going to eat meat, turkey isn't the worst type. It would be better if you had organic or wild turkey and avoid the factory farm turkeys.

Anyway, as he steps off the soap box, Thanksgiving dinner was great. I didn't have much, but I did get some dark meat and yes, it tasted great. I also had some cream cheese with jalapeno jelly on a cracker as an appetiser, but that was about it. One day of Turkey Amnesty. Now, it's the 27th and amnesty has been revoked.

Not only is my vegan diet back in full force, but I also resumed exercise. Okay, I only skipped one day. Today, I chose to ride the virtual bike and skip the weights. They looked heavy today. There is this older man who, I kid you not, looks exactly like Santa. I don't think he liked it when I tried to sit on his lap. He was benching weight at the time. LOL (laugh out loud). Actually, he's never really talked to me before and I have quietly grown to call him grumpy Claus, but today he decided to visit. Of course, I was near the end of my first pass on the "Oh Mama" trail and I was sweating and panting when he decided to talk. He started asking about the virtual bike and I showed him how the programs work and how they look. He asked me if you could run over deer, but I know he meant reindeer. He wouldn't even take my list. Something about not being a pimp. Whatever, watch out for Santa Claus. He has something diabolical in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment