Paypal

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday November 15th, 2009 - Catch up post

I can't believe Thursday was my last post. On Friday, I worked out in the morning completing 10 miles on the "Oh Mama" trail. I also went in to the Museum of Contemporary Art to help with some school groups. I had 90 6th graders come through and work on my film frame project for 2 1/2 hours solid. I understand the kids were pretty noisy in the rest of the museum, but they were creative and engaged when I worked them through the project. Some of them got very conceptual and abstract. I liked those drawings the best. They may not know it, but those "abstract" kids have huge potential.

Later, on Friday evening, Cheri and I met up with some friends we've both had since the second grade. We had a lot of fun talking about our adventures in high school. Once again, I am reminded about just how good my boys are and how grateful I am that they don't know that much about my high school behavior. Oh well, I had a lot of fun and emerged without a record :-)

On Saturday, I went back to the gym and worked out hard. I rode the "Oh Mama" trail twice. Talk about sweat. I like that trail because it's mostly long 35% inclines with quick drops. It took me a little over an hour. It's good training for my next mountain biking adventure and I know I won't have any trouble on the rode bike. I may have gotten even stronger legs during my time off of the regular bikes. My wrist feels strong enough for a ride to Denver when the weather gets nice again. I also went through my entire weight lifting workout. Sunday was football day as usual and my day off from the gym. I did manage to workout 5 days last week and my calories management has been great. However, this morning I was all backed up. My stomach and intestines hurt so bad that I eventually took a vicodin for some relief. It may have been Saturday's consumption of powdered soy protein. I drank enough, but maybe I didn't have enough fiber. Either way, this has to correct itself today. I'm feeling good about my chances to hit 300 by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment