Paypal

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday November 11th, 2009 - MCA

Yesterday, Tuesday the 10th, I just rode the virtual bike for one hour on the "Gut Buster" run. No kidding, this ride was meant to wipe you out. I got a great sweat on and I was so tired by the end I just went home. Today is my relaxed day. The weather has been beautiful. I may try to ride my road bike. We'll see.

Wednesday is my Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) day. We have had this "fart" project for months. It's a side line project to coincide with Jim Greens' locational whoopy cushion exhibit. Today I was determined to come up with a different activity to coincide with Matthew Buckingham's exhibit about time perspectives. Matt used two 16mm film loops for his exhibit. I thought that the use of the film was special to kids and visitors because you just don't see film projectors that often. In honor of film, I drew a three frame film outline so kids could draw pictures or tell a visual story with the three frames. I made several examples today; one of three solid pastels; one more pastel with some blobs; and one more collage of different female ethnicities. Greg dropped by and made an incredible three frame piece with a mountain frame; a cowboy on a bucking horse; and another nature frame. His project turned out very good, but he didn't finish. On Friday, we are going to go back to direct several scheduled school groups on the film frame project. I encourage students to think outside of the box. It's always fun to see what they come up with. I'm excited to see my project idea come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment