Paypal

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday November 12th, 2009 - 70 degrees

Seriously, it's 70 degrees outside at 3:45pm. Tomorrow it will be 32 degrees with frozen rain and then snow for the next couple of days. Welcome to Colorado weather. The weather fluctuates by 30 degrees often in the Denver winter season. At least the snow is kind enough to melt once in a while. When we lived in Buffalo, NY the snow never melted. It just compacted until the late spring thaw.

The day was so perfect I really should have tried to ride my road bike, but I am still a little cautious about my wrist. However, I did ride 14.5 miles (one hour) on the virtual bike and I lifted weights for 45 minutes. I never could have handled anything close to this workout last year. I remember when I bought my mountain bike last spring and I could only ride two miles. It was also hard to walk through Sam's club. How sad is that? Now, I'm stronger and I have more endurance than I've ever had in my adult life. If I can afford the lift tickets, maybe I will take up skiing again.

I was disappointed with my weight loss, so I tried to make a nutrient rich diet, but it didn't go far enough. At least for a few weeks I'm going to abstain from any alcohol or candy. I was drinking to much beer with my buddies. Very fattening. Halloween candy was too available and yummy. My current diet is mostly V-8's, protein smoothies, protein bars, and a small vegan dinner. I did that yesterday and I shed a pound. We'll see how it goes. The added protein in my diet is helping with muscle repair and hopefully some additional building.

No comments:

Post a Comment