Paypal

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15th 2009 - Christmas letter

Hello! My ankle hurt like hell today, so I didn't go to the gym. Bummer. But, I'll be there at 7am tomorrow. Here is an abbreviated copy of my Christmas Letter... Obviously the photos didn't paste, but I assure you they were very candid and hilarious. I have a very silly family.

Happy 2009 Holiday's!!!

I could have had a family photo done, but nothing could top this photo from our October hike up the Colorado Trail. Yes, that is Bobby, Cheri, and Greg (no kidding, that goof is Greg)! Jeff spent that day with his harem at Eliches. That was a very good day.

We now live in Lakewood, Colorado. Write our address in pencil. We will be moving again soon. Hopefully, in the same area, but don’t hold me to that.

The boys; Greg 20, Jeff 18, and Bobby 13 are doing well. Greg transferred to the Community College of Denver from the Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design to work on his liberal arts classes. He is still an art major. Jeff is half way through his senior year at Bear Creek High School. Bobby is beating his head against the wall in the 8th grade at Carmody Middle School. Either the boys are arguing or laughing to the point of tears at Youtube videos or one of the numerous Xbox games. They have my demented sense of earthy humor.

Cheri still loves her job at Aspenwood Dental in Aurora. She works as an EDDA (expanded duties dental assistant) and gets to assist with everything from fillings to dental implants. As usual, she has her fan club of patients. They all think she is beautiful and sweet. Can you believe that? (note: my wife is stunning)

I’ve been volunteering at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver (MCA) writing educational curriculum, researching, and teaching in the Idea Box. My diabolical plan is to make myself necessary and get a full-time job there. I’m also writing a daily blog as the Obesity Warrior that chronicles my struggles and triumphs with my weight loss. Since November 2007, I have lost 146 pounds; 50 of it since June 2009. You can check my blog out at http://lose250.blogspot.com I’ve had over 1,400 visitors since July. Occasionally, I write free lance articles on health, obesity, and the Vegan diet. Yes, under the watchful eyes of my doctors, I’ve been a vegan since June. Basically, a vegan doesn’t eat meat, dairy, or fish. I eat a lot of soy, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grain stuff. It’s not really as hard as it sounds. Additionally, I’m trying to write a book about my father, Paul Sharits, and a book that expands on my blog.

An important part of my trek to better health involves a strenuous workout routine. I go to the gym 5 to 7 days a week. I lift weights, ride my road bike 60 to 80 miles per week, swim laps, mountain bike, hence, the broken wrist, play pick-up basketball, and soon, I will begin Yoga classes.

My primary responsibility is managing my late father’s film and art career. It has been an extremely exciting year. As the executor of the estate, I get to work with some of the world’s premier museums and galleries. We typically have film screenings all year long from San Francisco to South Korea, but this year we had an outstanding exhibition at the Greene Naftali Gallery in NYC. In cooperation with the Anthology Film Archives, that particular art and film installation won international critical acclaim and was one of four exhibitions nominated for solo exhibition of the year, gallery at the 2009 Annual Art Awards held at the Guggenheim NYC in October. We also had our first film screenings at the Louvre in Paris in November. In the spring of 2010, we will open a permanent four projector film installation of Shutter Interface at the Hirshhorn museum in Washington, D.C.. The Hirshhorn is the Smithsonian’s contemporary art museum.

I’m already very excited about 2010. I certainly hope your past year and the year to come is fun and plentiful.

God bless,
Christopher
csharits@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment