Paypal

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December 22nd 2009 - Cancer free!

Many of you remember that I was diagnosed with Leukemia in June 2007, but, regardless of chronically low platelets, I am cancer free. To my relief, my middle son who has Neurofibromotosis, just received the results from this month's head MRI and he doesn't have any changes which is a very good thing. He does have fibromas and we do remove the ones that are either physically distracting or functionally prohibitive. He has many that don't really bother him so we leave them be. So you have two high risk boys in the same house. We were living with our uncle Bob when he died of cancer, so we've seen the pain and eventual confusion. It was sad on many levels. It's a toss up as to it's "reality" factor for Jeff and I. I think we both have a pretty good idea of how horrible it would be. Soooo, I'm glad we are both cleared and I'm looking forward to a cancer free 2010. My poor wife. I don't think she wants to worry about it until there is something concrete. It makes perfect sense because how could you live to live if you're thinking about pain and death. We may be high risk, but that doesn't mean we're doomed. We may live to 100 without cancer. If they knew, there would be a cure, right?

I wasn't feeling top notch yesterday, but I did make it to the gym for a full 2 hour set. I so desperately wanted to get there today, but the whole "finish the Christmas shopping" thing got in the way. I also worked an extra shift down at the museum. It was funny, I was pretty slow, so I addressed and stuffed membership mail and, then, when I was gathering my things, we had four families come in wanting to do a project. Well, of course I stayed after for a while until reinforcements could arrive. I wonder if tomorrow will be the same.

H1N1 highlights: I'm pretty sure my oldest had the nasty flu a month ago and my youngest caught it next. Then, my aunt and cousin had it last week. Jeff and I had it over the weekend. I nearly threw up an organ. And, last night, my youngest got it again real bad. So we all had the regular flu shot and three of us had the shot or the snorter right before this last round. Coincidence? I'm not sure. I am pretty sure it was H1N1 because of how quickly it attacks you and the fever. Either way, the flu sucks. Oh yeah, I weighed 320 this morning. I'm starting to doubt if I'm going to be able to crank it back down to 310. That would make my 50 pounds since July 4th a reality. I'm going to try. It's still possible.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Thank you. Do you know what's in it? Chinese remedy's make me a little cautious, but I will give it a try. Can you elaborate on how "it works well"? How long does it take? What does it taste like? How did you discover it? Well, again, thank you Julie.

    ReplyDelete