Paypal

Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday December 7th, 2009... the 7th? Really?

On man what happened to other six days of December. Wasn't just Thanksgiving? This is crazy. I'm over my sinus infection. Well, at least the symptoms. Today I went to the gym. It felt good and sluggish. I'm still paying the price for Saturday's totally awesome birthday party. Where's the Jack fairy?

Today, I discovered two things cool about vegan. First, I love egg nog and "Silk" has a "nog" soy drink without artificial flavors that tastes and feels just like egg nog. Second, I made VEGAN FUDGE using... look mom, no fat!

* 6 tablespoons vegan margarine
* 3 1/2 cups powdered (confectioners) sugar
* 1/2 cup cocoa
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup soymilk
* 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
(I added a shot of Peppermint snappes)

Preparation:
Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan using a little of the vegan margarine.

Place the remaining margarine, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and soy milk in a heatproof mixing bowl or the upper part of a double broiler. Place the bowl or broiler over simmering water and stir until smooth. Add the nuts if desired.

Pour the mixture quickly into the prepared pan. Chill thoroughly and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment