Paypal

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday December 12th, 2009 - Overcoming Adversity

On the 16th of November I reported that my weight was 322. At the time that was very frustrating because I had just about reached 310 in the beginning of October. Sliding backwards is something that is unfortunately familiar to obese people. I try to report my triumphs and set backs because that just the way it is. I tried to get back on track, but I just wasn't doing everything I could. Now, mind you I have never stopped working out, but I was eating about as much as everyone else albeit vegan. On the 9th of December I weighed in at 331. OMG how is this happening. I let my guard down just enough for my body to become a calorie hungry machine. Now, I know the 331 wasn't completely correct. Some was just quick weight and some was water bloating. This morning I weighed in at 322. I basically lost 9 pounds in 4 days. I didn't skip meals. I did that water pills to get rid of the bloating. That was maybe half of the problem. The other half was resolved through a diligent return to my habits when I was losing weight the fastest. I've been in the gym working out as hard as possible for six days in a row. I'm going to see how long I can keep that streak going.

Basically, I paid attention to my diet, my sleep, and my exercise. Together, they have me on the right path. At this rate I shouldn't have trouble reaching 310 by the end of the year. That would be 50 pounds since June 2009 and 146 pounds from November 2007. It took years of abuse to get up to 456 pounds. I may have even weighed more at sometime, but 456 was my weight when I went into the hospital for my leukemia issues in November 2007. At this point, I don't have cancer yet, so they call my chronically low platelets a blood disorder.

That brings up one other important point. Obese people suffer from sleep apnea to diabetes and worse. Losing weight helps make all of those go away. I'm a very healthy heavy, but strong man with a platelet issue. My platelet count hovers around 50,000 to as high as 80,000. Low normal is 150,000. Pregnant women can have as much as 450,000. Usually, low platelets are indicative to cancer, so that's why I go to the oncologist so often. If I get cancer, we want to catch it early. Back to my point. Weight happens. Life happens. If you want more life you have to do whatever you can to make yourself as healthy as possible. No pills are a substitute for healthy living. I'm fanatical at this point because I want to have the energy to fight cancer when it gets here. Live Strong and Prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment