Paypal

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday December 10th, 2009 - tired puppies

I went to the gym and rode the "Oh Mama" trail twice. It took about 1 1/4 hours of solid peddling. Those hills may kill me. My legs felt like spaghetti, but they stopped burning about two hours later. I can feel them now, but it's not the kind of sore that inhibits walking or stairs. Good thing. I can't wait until I can get back out on my rode bicycle. Riding to Denver and back seem to be as hard as the Oh Mama twice. It's a 34 mile trip.

I haven't used my calorie scale for a while. It's a 1 to 5 scale; 5 being the best. Each day I make positive gains in my calorie intake. Yesterday was about a 3 and today was more like a 3.5. I ate a modest granola breakfast and fruit, nuts, and a protein drink before my workout. When I returned, I had another protein drink. For dinner I fixed soft tacos for the boys and I ate tortillas, whole pinto beans, corn, and salsa. I did get all my servings of veggies and fruits, but getting enough protein is always the battle. I had about 180 grams of protein today. I should have had 250 or more. Even if I ate meat and dairy, getting in 250g is hard to do. But, you need it for muscle repair and strengthening.

One positive note about working out so hard is that it makes me sleepy. That's an important thing for an insomniac. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment