Paypal

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tuesday December 29th, 2009 - Just a few more pounds please

This morning I scaled in at 319.2. I felt bloated, so I'm sure tomorrow morning will be around 316-317 which is close to my "adjusted" goal of 315 by New Years Day. That will still be 45 pounds since I started keeping track in June 2009. I'm pleased with that. Besides, maybe I can lose another 55 by the end of June 2010. That would be 100 pounds in one year which is about how much I would have lost with bariatric surgery.

Today was fair to good on the food scale. Probably a 4 out of 5. I ate a small bowl of granola with soy milk and a banana for breakfast. I also drank a soy protein mix in V-8 banana and strawberry "Fusion." See a pattern? My favorite flavor is strawberry banana. Went I climbed in my car to head for the gym, but my car wouldn't start. I had to get a jump on Saturday so I didn't mess around after I got another jump from my son this morning and drove straight to my mechanic. My battery had to be replaced. Fair enough; the battery was 12 years old, but it was still an expense I wasn't looking for. While they were waiting for my battery to be delivered, I walked about a half mile, in my gym shorts, in 20 something degree weather, to my sister's office and ate lunch with her. Well, actually, I had coffee. There wasn't any vegan food there.

Anyway, having had my car repaired, I stopped off at home and ate some nuts, another banana, and another soy protein drink for lunch. I really have to pound the protein with every meal to make sure that I have my daily allowance. When I got to the gym, I rode the "Oh Mama" trail twice and did a full impact weight session. After two hours, I decided to go break another sweat in the basketball gym, but I just couldn't. My body was done for the day.

After the gym, I had to go to the grocery store to stock up on vegan food and my ingredients for a spicy vegan lentil soup, but, when I got home, I smelled the unmistakable delicious aroma of ham and bean soup and fresh hot corn bread. My cousin had nicely cooked dinner. I'll make my lentil soup tomorrow. The rest of the family had ham and bean soup and I had a piece of corn bread, salad, and steamed broccoli. I only had one small serving of each, but I think the corn bread hit me heavy and I felt stuffed. I don't like feeling stuffed. I wanted to go for an after dinner walk, but it had already dipped into the teens outside and my legs just didn't want to. Tomorrow I work at the museum, but I should have time to ride the bike afterwards. The gym was closed Christmas Eve and Christmas and they have the gall (kidding) to be closed for New Years so I'm trying to get as much gym time as possible this week.

One other notable development: Obesity.net has emailed me with compliments for my blog and they have suggested we form some kind of relationship. I'm very excited to see what they have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment