Paypal

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday October 23rd, 2009 - Set Back

This morning, Saturday the 24th, I weighed in at 321. That's up from a week ago when I weighed in at 313. Three things happened; I hurt my hand, I ate whatever I wanted as long as it was free of dairy and meat, and I got lazy. My hand still hurts, but mostly in the wrist now, so I can't ride outside until they take new x-rays in 1 1/2 weeks. I've added protein supplements to my diet which also adds significant calories. I could say that the week was so busy I didn't have time to workout, but I'm sure I could have found some time if I had been more motivated and used better time management. The protein, lack of calorie control, and absence of exercise has certainly allowed myself to gain some weight. Of course, it's quick weight and maybe partly due to water weight gain, but still I have to catch myself now and work it off.

I haven't really lost much weight since the end of August. I knew I was plateauing and I hoped I could start losing again, but I have to be happy to have made it through with relative stability. This weeks weight is not really a concern. Getting back into losing 10 pounds a month is a concern. I have to take it day by day like I was this past summer. If I can reach 300 pounds or a little less this year, I will have realized a 60 pound weight loss since April. I have to remember that I was 456 in November of 2007. I need to gain back my Obesity Warrior attitude. From today on I will return to the weight loss routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment