Paypal

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday October 24th, 2009 - Bouncing Back

Okay. I was probably a little too hard on myself. Losing lots of weight is hard, but you do need to stay on track. I swear you can struggle for a month to lose 10 pounds and gain it back in 10 days. Your body does actually go into survival mode. After significant weight loss, say 20 pounds, your body retains as many calories as possible. If given a little more time, your body will build it's defense with a few extra pounds. Personally I don't really mind staying the same weight for a month or so, but it drives me crazy to gain weight. Today, I took the first step towards more weight loss.

I was going to go to the gym and work myself silly, but I still have to accommodate my injured wrist. Instead of the gym, I convinced my wife and two of my boys to go hiking. We went about two hours into the Rocky Mountains to get to our trail head. It was beautiful weather and we proceeded to hike to the summit and back. It took 3 1/2 hours. It was difficult enough to wear all of us out. It felt great. My calorie consumption was down and my hydration and protein consumption was up. I'm sure tomorrow morning's weigh-in will be more rewarding. Now I need some good sleep. Well, maybe a shower first.

No comments:

Post a Comment