Paypal

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday October 21st 2009 - "12-21-2012"

Monday was a working day and Monday Night Football with the San Diego Chargers and the Denver Broncos. The Broncos played and won one of the most entertaining games I've seen. Of course, if SD had won my perception may have been different. But, the Broncos did win and they remain undefeated this season. 6-0 ! Yeah! And, I lost my Fantasy Football match by about 100 points. Who knew Tom Brady was going to lead New England to a 59 to 0 game?

I didn't go to the gym on Monday or Tuesday because I wanted to talk to the orthopedic surgeon about my hand first. On Tuesday, I met with him. They took that ER cast off and told me that I had deep tissue contusions (bruises) and, due to the bruising pattern on my wrist, a possible fractured scaphoid bone. Apparently they can't tell for sure until it starts to heal. In two weeks I have to go back for some more X-Rays. Until then I have to immobilize it with a splint and ace bandage. I can take it off for showers and every once in a while he wanted me to move it around without lifting or squeezing anything.

Wednesday was museum day and I didn't get to workout. I should be fine for a workout tomorrow. I'll probably spend most of my time on the stationary bike. I don't want to lose any of the muscle I've built up to this point.

On the 13th of November Sony Pictures is releasing their new movie "2012." It appears to be a disaster movie. The Mayan calendar ends on 12-21-2012 and many other cultures also believe that this may be the end of time. Sure. I have the Mayan serpent eating it's own tail tattoo on my arm because, at least to me, it symbolizes the cycle of life. One end; one beginning. Others would say my tattoo is a direct symbol of the 12-21-2012 end. I have one friend who believes some great "life changing" event will happen then. Something like the Internet. If that's the case, I can't wait. I also read somewhere that there is a celestial alignment that only occurs every 25,000 years or so. Either way, I'm going to see the movie.

2 comments:

  1. I somehow stumbled onto your blog and found myself intrigued by your anti-obesity journey. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete