Paypal

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday October 25th, 2009 - Sore Toes

For the most part, I wasn't too sore from yesterday's hike except for my toes. I need to wear my stiffer hiking boots next time. They would have helped with the snow. I think I'll get a pair of those snow/ice spikes for my boots. I want to make hiking a regular routine even through the winter. Next Spring I want to climb my first 14er. Those are serious hiking trips up mountains here in Colorado with an elevation of 14,000 feet or higher. I believe there are about 54 peaks. I would like to climb them all. Maybe I can do 5 next summer and then like 10 a year after that.

This past summer went great. I made exercise goals and met them. For summer 2010, in addition to the 14er's, I'm going to road bike from the Bear Creek Reservoir to South Platte to Denver to Cherry Creek Reservoir to C-470 through Chatfield Reservoir around Northbound C-470 back to Bear Creek Reservoir. It's a 80 mile loop. I would also like to ride from Bear Creek to S Platte to Colorado Springs. It's 85 miles. My 34 mile ride from Morrison to Denver has become an easy routine. I think these goals are quite achievable. I would also like try some more mountain bike downhills (maybe I can get some wrist protectors :-). Today I weighed in at 320 so we are on our way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment