Paypal

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 14th, 2009 - Matthew Buckingham

First, I felt better this morning. No H1N1. LOL. I also missed the gym again. I hope tomorrow is sunny so I can make the Denver ride. All guilt is washed away after that trek.

I went to work at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver (MCA) and kind of stayed there for the rest of the day into the evening. There was an interesting artist opening an exhibition tonight and his work with perceptions of time and his use of film looped installations intrigued me. I introduced myself to Matthew Buckingham before things got crazy and we had a chance to talk. He actually got to see the Paul Sharits exhibition at the Greene Naftali Gallery in NYC. How cool is that! He's a fan of my dad's work and I love his work, particularly Cultural Follower. The video piece displayed a 30 minute attempt to interview birds in Central Park. While that was hilarious, the text or meaning behind the piece was really about the adaptation of wildlife to urban life and the different perceptions between time periods and/or cultures. Each piece in the exhibition provokes thought and introspection into your personal perception of time in terms of historical significance. If you are in Denver, I highly recommend this exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment