Paypal

Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday October 9th, 2009 - Mom's Day

This morning I weighed in at 318, but I know that's primarily because I have this weird unexplained water retention thing. When I was in the hospital in November of 2007, they put me on an IV diuretic and I shed 50 pounds in one week. I know try to manage it with an occasional Flurisimide (Lasix) pill. I don't use the pill if I'm going to ride that day because I lose so much water during the trips and dehydration is an issue for me. I will probably take one tomorrow because I'm going to the gym. I still drink a lot of water on those days, but it still seems to flush the salt and toxins out of my body.

Today, I took my mother and Cheri to see the movie "Couples Retreat" and out to an early dinner. Due to my mom's wheelchair confinement (advanced Parkinson's), I can only take her once or twice a month when Cheri and I are able. Movie and a meal are a safe bet. Today was nice, but I did not make it to the gym. I feel guilty for missing one day.

Speaking of exercise, I may still have a lot of fat to shed, but I feel great. I'm in control of my body and I feel strong all over. It's nice to be in relatively good shape. I'm starting to look more like a football line backer than a couch potato. Even with out losing significant weight recently, my body measurements have gone down where I want them to and up where I like them to. It's kind of like all my fat is gravitating south around my waist. My fat areas used to be kind of hard and stiff, but now they are loose and squishy. Kind of gross and I hope my skin tightens up on it's own. It seems to be keeping pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment