Paypal

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday October 29th, 2009 - Awards Results

I got to bed late last night and I forgot to post the results from the Guggenheim Art Awards. We didn't win, but we got a standing ovation when our work (my dad's) was shown as a nominee. Like Cheri said, "It's film fetish." I think someone else wrote that, but I like it. My dad's work just continues to get accolades. It's a very exciting time! Again, he's missing out. RIP.

The other nominees for the "Solo Exhibition of the Year, Gallery" were an exhibition of Picasso (!!!), Cindy Sherman (who's a very well known conceptual photographer who actually was up at Buffalo and apparently knew paul when she was a student), and Piero Manzoni (an italian conceptual artist). This was out of a pool of thousands of world wide exhibitions! Huge honor, but Manzoni won the award. We are working on some very exciting projects right now including a permanent film installation at the Hishorn Museum in Wash DC (the Hishorn is the contemporary art museum for the Smithsonian). Out of the many current screenings one stands out. Eco Umberto has chosen two of our films (Sears Catalogue and Word Movie) to be shown during his lecture at the Louvre in Paris on the 13th of November. How cool is that?!!! The louvre!

Today was consumed with business and I didn't make it to the gym. The snow is already melting so I'm sure the gym will be open tomorrow. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment