Paypal

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October 13th, 2009 - Sore throat

What is up? Didn't I have a sick day last month? I woke up in the middle of the night with blocked nasal passages. That presents a special problem for me since I use a C-Pap. I had to use saline then Afrin. In the morning, I had sinus issues and a sore throat. My wife always reminds me that I have a diminished immune system, but, after all the good living habits, I reject that. But, it seems to be true. I bet I caught it from the gym. I try to sanitize my machines and I wash after basketball, but there's still too many shared surfaces like the door handles ect... I hope it goes away tonight.

I had an opportunity to hit the gym in this afternoon, but then I got a call from Cheri's office asking me if I could bring in son number 2 for a cleaning. If all goes well, I should have time after work tomorrow. Oh yeah, I weighed 315.6 today.

And now for something completely different... I'm a political science freak. In reference to the Nobel Peace Prize, I suggested to someone that Woodrow Wilson was one of the best presidents of the 20th Century. I was thinking about lowering tariffs, reforming business and banks, and his promotion of the Treaty of Versailles (the Republican Senate refused to ratify the act which angered Wilson and the European allies). Of course, he declared war on Germany in WWI, but he helped end it to. That is what earned him the peace prize. Somehow I coincided the Espionage and Sedition Act to FDR and the internment of Japanese Americans, but I spaced out that the Act was the Espionage Act of 1917. Duh! Wilson promoted the Act making it illegal to dissent from support of the war because he thought it would be bad for moral. It ended up being like a Chaney witch hunt. Clearly not a shining beacon for Wilson. However, if you can find one "political" leader in the history of man that didn't screw something up, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment