Paypal

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday October 3rd, 2009 - Garbonzo's

My weight was 316 again. I have to pick it up if I'm going to be successful this month. While exercise alone won't make you lose a ton of weight, exercise does make you feel healthy, stronger, and it really encourages me to try harder with the calories. There is no secret. No magic pill. It's just watching your calories and making healthy food choices. I've had some luck with the low calorie frozen food meals before and I'm sure Weight Watcher's works because it replaces high calorie food with low calorie food. Simple. The problem with those programs is that they become expensive and once most people reach their "20" pound goal, they go right back to the normal eating habits. In a year or so they will have to do it again. The problem for obese people is that they go on these diets and lose 60 pounds and fall off the wagon and soon find themselves 70 pounds heavier. It's a vicious blow to your metabolism and your psychological well being. It's how fat people eventually turn into morbidly obese people. I know I've said all this before, but it's true. Now, I hear about more and more bariatric surgery recipients gaining back their weight because they expand their stomachs back out. The only real solution is to change the way you look at food. At least for me the vegan diet works and I'm eating better. Getting healthier and feeling great. The thing that I have drilled into my head is that being vegan is for the rest of my life because I want to enjoy the rest of my nice long life. I want to live to 100, but the way I was going I would have been lucky to make it to 50.

Rambling. Sorry. Today I had a mild headache before I was going to leave for the gym so I laid down for a minute and fell asleep. The mild headache went away without Tylenol, so I do think it was the new supplement. I can live without it. It was mostly green tea and other stimulant herbs. It was not an appetite suppressant. You know I hate those. Short and dangerous solution to a life problem. I called today's post Garbonzo's because I had another delicious Lebanese pita sandwich. However, this time I ate half of it for lunch and the other half for dinner. I was glad I had the left over because the family had French Dip (sandwiches made with thinly sliced beef cooked in French onion soup and served on a sandwich roll with provalone cheese and such. Not exactly vegan.)

I checked my visitor log and it shows over 900 visits since July 1st. Thank you and don't forget to show it to the people you care about. In addition, I encourage dialog with friends so feel free to email me now and then at csharits@comcast.net . This way it's a private conversation between me and you. I promise not to make our communication or your identity public.

No comments:

Post a Comment