Paypal

Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3rd, 2010 - Leek and Potato Soup

Today, I was actually sore from Saturday's workout so I didn't go to the gym. After chores and shopping, I watched the Broncos deliberately end their season. I'm sure I'm exaggerating, but they played like they just didn't care. Stupid poops.

The best part of the day was dinner. I made some Leek and Potato soup that rocked the house. Personally, I liked it better than the Lentil soup from a few days ago. I pureed this soup and added some vegan butter and soy milk and you would swear I used heavy cream. Smooth and full of vest! Here is how I made it...

Christopher's Vegan Leek and Potato soup:
To prepare, I thinly sliced three large rinsed leeks and separated the rings. I also chopped up 5 smallish red potatoes.

Then I heated some olive oil in a big pot and sauteed the Leeks for a few minutes and added the potatoes. I cooked them for about 5 minutes and added 1 1/2 cups of Chardonnay. Once I had them steaming pretty good, I added 6 cups of vegetable broth.

To that, I added 2 teaspoons of thyme, rosemary, and white pepper. I should have put my bay leaves and thyme twigs in a cheese cloth pouch, but I didn't and I had to pick them out before I pureed the soup. I also added some ground mint and fresh black pepper. I little dash of celery salt and some vegan butter (soy product). After I pureed the soup I folded in some soy milk and a bit more chardonnay.

I served it hot with some vegan buttered hot bread and salad. I added a plate of sliced Gouda cheese and some of those round crackers. I love Gouda and I did have a slice. Shame on me;-P Today was cold out so this soup really hit the spot. With this recipe I fed seven with just a bit left over for tomorrow's lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment