Paypal

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday January 28th, 2010 - I need a nap

I wanted to get to this post early because I'm about to fall asleep. I weighed 316 again this morning. I should be able to drop one more pound. I'm a stress eater and this month I've been sick and I lost a dear friend. Oh yeah, and I had a bipolar moment. I just got home from a 1 1/2 hour workout. I warmed up by shooting hoops for 45 minutes. Boy, that kicked on the sweat after burners. I was exhausted when I left the court. I really wanted to go home, but I stayed and went through an entire weight lifting workout (another 45 minutes). I started out slow and it was hard to lift my usual weights, but I pressed and it got easier. I actually added some weight to some of the sets like the stomach crunches. I'm now up to 150 pounds for 3 sets of 20. I thought that was pretty good. You always know when you worked hard enough because you feel like I do right now. Nap time.

I was talking to a rather big fellow at the gym. Actually, he looks like I did when I was 456. Anyway, he works really hard, but uses light weights. I think that's perfectly good for him because he's much older than me and he sweats like crazy. Nice guy, but he's really struggling with the weight loss. I tried to encourage him with my struggles and triumphs. I told him how nice it was to ride on the Bear Creek trail when it gets warmer. He didn't think there was a bike strong enough to carry him. Of course there is. I told him to go to my favorite Littleton bike shop. They are really good at finding the right bike for you. They will also beef it up for you by adding things like heavy duty inter tubes. If you're new to my blog, I typically ride my road bike 70 to 100 miles per week when its warm enough. I usually lose about four pounds during a typical ride from Morrison to Denver (34 miles round trip). And, that's with continuous fluids. I'll go through 4-5 bottles of water and still lose the water weight. Keep in mind that I'm at 6,800 feet in terribly dry hot weather during the Spring and Summer. Okay, I've come to the end of my rope. Time to find some nuts, eat a banana, and take a little nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment