Paypal

Friday, August 28, 2009

August 28th, 2009 "Last Day of Mixed Kids"

If you would have told me how much I would enjoy teaching kids from 4 to 12, I would not believed you. However, I have to say writing curriculum and teaching the kids for the summer "Mixed Kids" was one of the best experiences I've had. We had a great summer and I'm sad that it is over. I will, without a doubt volunteer next season. Tonight was really cool. I got there a little late which was okay because someone else was leading tonight's projects. When I walked into the main room, all of my kids jumped up from their reading circle and ran down the ramp and mauled me. We had a great time tonight and all I had to do was play with them and read a fable. They were very well behaved tonight. At the end of the evening, when the parents arrived, we all had our goodbyes and a few of them decided to "tag" me. According to Paris, I belong to her now. After all, she wrote her name on me twice. So did little Liv. I spoke to many of the parents and it was simply great. Here's a shout out to Paris, Liv, Grace, Claire, Owen, Charlie, Elizabeth, Isabella, Bella, Ella, Max, Max, Sam, Nicole, Mossimo, and Jackson. I left someone out...?

Today started out with a weigh in of 319 which is just fine because I was bloated again. I did go on a 30 mile bike ride with Woody and I hope to tackle my "white whale" in the morning. This particular route is only 40 miles or so, but it has some monstrous climbs that I avoided all summer. But, I did challenge myself to ride this route before the end of the summer so it is time to man up. I haven't done the rating system for a while. I'm alway vegan so I'm eating healthy everyday and my mental health has been great. I would give today a 4 out of 5 on the nutrition scale and a 5 on mental health. Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment