Paypal

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday August 12th, 2009 - Redemption!

This morning I weighed in at 326. It's better. At least it's moving towards the downward slope. Today I may have tried to kill myself on my bike. I took a southern round about up to the foothills along C-470 (highway) and rode back to Bear Creek Reservoir and up through Morrison to the south gate of Red Rocks Park. It was 93 degrees and the sun was blistering hot, especially on the pavement. I decided not to go into the park because it's nothing but serious climbs. Greg and I turned back and went back up and over the reservoir and took the BC trail to Wadsworth.

I turned up Wadsworth and Greg decided to keep going. He almost made it downtown. He did something over 40 miles today. I, on the other hand, had to get home to take Jeff to work, so I went up Wadsworth and along the frontage road back home. I put on 23 miles, but it should count for more since it was so hot and hilly. It took two and three quarter hours. The key to avoiding heat stroke is to drink liquids like a mad man. I drank four and a half water bottles and two Gatorade's. When I got home, I drank as much ice water as I possibly could and took a nice cool shower. I'm tired now, but I feel fine. I burned 8,048 calories today. Well over my daily goal of 6,350. Although I had a yummy Falafel pita for dinner, I think today's calorie intake was fine. Tomorrow has to be another punishing day. I will be back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment