Paypal

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday August 9th, 2009 "Motivation"

Yesterday I weighed in at 330. This morning I weighed in at 328.4, but I still felt super bloated. I took one of my Furosemide pills (lasix or water pill) this morning and by the afternoon I had urinated more than 3 pounds of water weight. I really feel like these antibiotics they gave me to keep infection away from my surgical site are sapping me of energy and endurance. I did make it to the gym, but working out was lack luster. Maybe that's why you start feeling good after you have given up meat. No extra antibiotics in your system. I have about another week of these antibiotics. Yuck.

I think that staying motivated and committed to a healthy managed diet and exercise is the key to long term success. Fad diets and diet support groups only work as long as you stick to them. For most people, especially obese people, it is hard to stick to the diet for life. It's not like you can achieve a goal and then stop. You'll eventually gain the weight back plus some. It's very important that you remain accountable to someone or something other than yourself. For me, I am accountable to this blog and the family around me.

I also like to set long term goals and the plan to reach them. I have an image of a fit and healthy 200 pound Chris in July 2010. In order to get there, I need to lose 20 pounds in July (done!) and 15 pounds per month for the next 4 months and then 10 pounds per month for the following 7 months. If I remain on schedule, I should be 285 pounds when I fly out to New York City for the Art Awards. Of course, I would be cool losing more weight as long as I stick to the "managed" healthy plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment