Paypal

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday August 18th, 2009 - Waterton Canyon

This morning I weighed in at 324.2. Not bad. While I did ride up and down Waterton Canyon (14 miles), I also ate too much potatoes at dinner. We'll see what that does.

Today they took out my stitches and I started bleeding (remember; low platelets). I thought they were going to have to put them back in, but we put a pressure bandage on. Hopefully, it will be good to go in the morning.

I have to describe the Waterton Canyon ride. You start at the hogback (foothills) and quickly find yourself deep into the Rocky Mountains riding beside the beginning of the Platte River. This is the kind of park where they don't allow dogs because they will irritate the Big Horn Sheep. When fishing in this section of river, you can't use bait and you can only keep 2 fish as long as they are longer than 16". Yeah, it's that cool. The ride wasn't really that hard until you pass the big reservoir. Then it gets real steep. Overall, the most beautiful and peaceful ride I've had yet. In the near future, I am going to drive over the divide and ride around lake Dillon. That should also be a beautiful ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment