Paypal

Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 10th, 2009 - Vegan Chimichanga's!

This morning I weighed in at 316 again. Remember the extra reps I did at the gym Wednesday? Well, my triceps do. I definitely did not want to ride my bike today. I was running out of time and it was very hot out, but I went anyway. I rode the 12 mile thigh master. Ouch.

I love to cook. Probably a contributing factor in my weight problem. On Tuesday I made chili relleno casserole (part vegan; most regular). My own recipe. Easy dish and the family always loves it. However, tonight I may have created my very best culinary recipe ever! I read some recipe's online, but they either seems lacking or they were way too hard, so I invented my own vegan chimichanga's. I tried to think of good "meaty" vegetables that wouldn't need cheese. I thought... something with black beans, garlic, and onion. Sounded great in my head, but the finished product rocked! I took black beans, pinto beans, diced yellow onion, crushed garlic, diced green chili, and roasted tomato's wrapped in a flour tortilla and lightly fried. I also made some regular chimi's adding chorizo and cheese, but the vegan chimi's were far better. I served them with vegi refried beans, salad, and spanish rice with more of the roasted tomato's. Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment