Paypal

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9th, 2009 - Health Care Insurance

It's really quite simple to me. If I didn't have insurance, I would be dead; seriously. My family needs health insurance. Last year, we spent more than $30,000 on premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and, in many cases, our contractual obligation to pay 20% on most procedures. This year we will pay more. I would love to spend that money on a new house. Only through the grace of God and very good friends have we been able to keep our insurance. With my extensive laundry list of current and past health issues, I'm sure we would get rejected by almost all health insurance companies. The simple truth is it needs to be fixed. Someone; somehow needs to fix health care as soon as possible.

With that being said, my weight today was 316 pounds. I'm getting back in there! I wanted to go for a ride or at least do some incline training here in our very hilly neighborhood. The day got away from me, but I did manage to workout for an hour or so. I increased some weights and added an extra set of 10 reps to each station. I'm not sore now, but my arms and torso felt like jello when I left the gym. Tomorrow I will ride somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment