Paypal

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday September 8th, 2009 - Lipid test

This morning I weighed in at 316 pounds. I have some ground to make up, but, now that my head is in the right place, I not to worried about it. This morning I had an appointment with the lipid technician; doctor? Anyway, I thought my cholesterol would be down because of my vegan diet. Much to my surprise, my bad cholesterol was slightly elevated from the last test. Not bad; just elevated. She said my elevated cholesterol was probably caused by my liver, not my diet. Something about family history. Nonetheless, I'm back on low dosages of Crestor. Go figure.

It's just like I say; it's the whole picture, not just fat loss. Thanks to my leukemia (ish) platelet counts and bad health history, I still have a lot of doctors watching just about everything in my body. Other than the chronically low platelet count, I feel as healthy as ever, but that won't stop me from getting checked. No more surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment