Paypal

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday September 29th 2009 - Opps

Well, let's back up some. I seem to have slacked. Friday was my sick day. By Saturday I was feeling fine. I even went in and worked out hard. My hands and arms were shaking when I finished. It took me a little over an hour to use 14 machines and some free weight bonus curls. For my own records; currently working 4 sets of ten on everything except the stomach crunch and back extension. I am doing 3 sets of 20. I weighed in at 319 again. It would seem that I am going to leave September with the same weight I started with. That's okay with me because I built up additional muscle mass and I didn't gain weight. Well, not much. Now, my goal for October is to achieve the 299 benchmark. I'm ready to hit it hard again. I guess I just needed a half time break. Even if I only lose 30 pounds by the end of the year, I will have lost 75 pounds in 2009. I can live with that. Keep in mind I was very sick and I weighed 456 pounds when I was in the hospital in November 2007. Also, in case you are wondering, I am vegan for life now. No cravings, always restaurant alternatives, and it's easy to maintain the proper protein, calcium, and, somehow, cholesterol. I guess I guess liver conversion and heredity really do contribute to cholesterol. I get blood draws from one doctor or another so I know I'm doing fine.

Sunday the 27th was my wife's birthday. I did take a short bike ride (7 miles), but I didn't enjoy it very much. I think it was because I ate too much for breakfast. I have better rides when I only eat fruit and nuts for breakfast. For the rest of the day I watched football and watched my fantasy football team lose horribly. At least Denver killed Oakland.

On Monday, I worked out at the gym with as much weight as I could handle. Felt real good. Other than the bench press, I'm working out with the heaviest weights I have ever done. At one point, 17 years ago, I was benching 230. Right now, my max press with 4 lifts is only 150.

On Tuesday, I rode to old Littleton and back (24 miles). It was a lot hotter outside than I thought. I think I got heat exhaustion. I did drink two water bottles during the ride, but I still needed a cold shower, drank an additional four tall glasses of ice water, and I still got a mild headache.

Now we are to today the 29th. I weighed 316.8 this morning. I worked down at the museum today and when i got home my arms were still a little sore so i didn't go to the gym. It will be very cold out tomorrow, so I will go to the gym. I'll try my hour with weights and then I'll do another 16-20 miles on the virtual bike. Should be good and sweaty after that.

Here's my favorite joke for the week. What do you call a vegetarian with diarrhea? Salad shooter. My friends contributed "Vegematic," "Green Machine," and "Vegge pies." LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment