Paypal

Friday, July 17, 2009

TGIF July 17, 2009

Busy day. Started out the day with the "reservoir" bike ride with my 20 year old. Oh, how nice it would be to be young and skinny. It killed me that he was able to keep up with me. He rarely rides his bike. We both came back hot, sweaty, and happy. I weighed in at 340.00 before the ride and 338 when we got home. Either I'm still building muscle or I still had too much sodium yesterday. I really should be taking measurements. My shirts are more loose and my shorts need a belt now. Still on a pure vegan diet.

After the ride and cold shower, I took my wife to see Harry Potter (my boys are too "cool" for HP). Long, but enjoyable movie. It's about time those HP kids got hormones. After the 2 plus hour movie, I had to race home in Friday traffic to get home and quickly throw together a Power Point Presentation on Fractals and the art work of Vance Kirkland for my Friday night "mixed kids" at the Museum of Contemporary Art Denver (MCA).

I only had seven kids tonight, but I was the only one there. They range from four to twelve. When you write out the lesson plan you have to make sure it works for all of the kids. I didn't mind being alone because I wrote the lesson plan and it's fun to watch it turn out so well. We had a blast. Even my favorite little four year old grasped the concept of fractals. We made 3D fractal creations using card board, glue, and sugar cubes. They loved it. We also made "Vance Kirkland" style water color paintings on paper plates. It's just so cool when you can sit back and watch them concentrate so hard on their own work. I really enjoy teaching kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment